Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who needs titles?

As you know, I've been reading through the gospels and I'm only about halfway through Mark, but I am learning a TON from the chronicles of Jesus' life. He is the model of the man we should all aspire to be. As Brad would say, He was the model of humility and the model of confidence at the same time.

Ironically, Ashley S recommended that I read 1 Peter... and that was actually next on my list of books to read after I finished the gospels. I wanted to jump right in and start on it, but I feel like I should finish the gospels and gain a perspective on Peter before I read the letters he wrote. The Bible is a fantastic story of cool characters as well as God's truth.

God has absolutely been rocking my world. He has taken brokenness to a new level in my life and is teaching me to appreciate His plans for me. He has put new people and new leadership roles into my life and He makes it obvious that everything is a God thing.

Can't wait for Home Group tonight!

No comments: